|BREASTFEEDING ADVICE: What|
would you tell a new breastfeeding mom?
So it was no surprise to us that when we asked moms to share their advice for others on our Facebook page, we got some great responses. We wanted to share them here, so all moms can benefit from these great tips. If you haven't yet added your advice, don't forget to join in the conversation.
Question: What's your advice for a fellow breastfeeding mom?
- I say feed on demand, let the baby make the schedule, sleep when you can and enjoy every minute. That is my ever so wise advice ;)
- I pump, and I actually set my alarm about 25 minutes before the baby wakes up on her schedule to pump then feed her, it makes it as easy as possible.
- Nurse on demand, and realize that yes, even though you just fed him/her 45 minutes ago, he/she could be hungry again ;)
- Don't rush to stop. Just because baby stops for a bit doesn't mean they're done -- my baby grazes forever.
- Banish the word schedule from your home. Watch the baby not the clock!
What would you add? Let us know on our Facebook page or in a comment below.