Nearly a hundred million people travel during the holiday season. If you’re planning to be one of those people and you’re a breastfeeding mom, here’s a check list of items you will want to make sure you pack before you head off on your holiday adventure.
- Water bottle – Don’t forget to stay hydrated in all the running around.
- Snacks – Keep your energy and milk production up!
- Pump parts and extra batteries – If you’re carrying your electric pump, make sure to get and pack some extra parts (just in case!) and extra batteries so you’re not tethered to an elusive outlet.
- Manual pump – A quick, easy, and smaller option for moms on the go!
- Blanket or cover – A nursing blanket can help you keep warm on a chilly plane while giving you and your baby some privacy.
- Disposable nursing pads – Don’t suffer uncomfortable leakage in the car, plane or train! Keep some extras in your purse, diaper bag, suitcase, glove compartment, or anywhere else you can access easily!
- Bottles – In case you and your baby will be apart, be sure to bring your pump and feeding bottles so a caregiver can give your baby your expressed breastmilk .
- Pillow – Pack a pillow, and it can double as an arm support when nursing.
- Cooler for milk storage bags – Even if you are traveling with your baby, if you know there will be events or times when you and baby will be apart, bring a cooler so you can keep your expressed breastmilk safe and secure.
For more great tips for family travelers, check out this great article in USA Today by
Share a Suggestion, Win Stocking Stuffer for Yourself!
What are some great things to pack or remember for a breastfeeding mom? We would love to hear your suggestions, and I’m sure they’ll help other moms, too! The top ten suggestions will win a box of Lansinoh Disposable Nursing Pads and samples of other breastfeeding essentials they can keep handy.
Traveling with your little one may not always be easy, but being prepared with essential and just in case items can help alleviate some worry. Be sure to take lots of pictures!
P.S. If you want to stock up on breastfeeding essentials before hitting the road (or the air), stop by www.lansinohmommadeals.com for coupons!