|Photo courtesy of Denise Mattox|
Valentine’s Day is here again, and that can lead to a chocolaty sugar-induced hyperactivity for toddlers. To avoid an overload on sugar, here are some ways to plan healthier Valentine’s Day treats and activities your toddler will fall in love with and distract them from that giant pile of candy hearts.
- Make a healthy yogurt parfait with heart shaped strawberries and raspberries.
- No monkey business here, Magic Banana Ice Cream is the perfect healthy alternative to ice cream (and only requires one ingredient!) You can even let them practice eating by themselves with a mOmma Soft Spoon!
- To give your little one a taste of some chocolate serve up juicy strawberries dipped in some melted chocolate—if you can share, that is!
- Use your mOmma cup (now available in select Target stores!) to serve up a yummy drink they can sip like an all-fruit fresh smoothie or 100% juice diluted with water.
This holiday is a great time to take a step back from the craziness of day-to-day schedules and to remember all those adorable reasons we just can’t get enough love from our little ones.
- Remember, even though your little one is starting to have the occasional meltdown, it doesn’t mean they love you any less!
- Create some special time today to read their favorite books to them, or try one of these new ones that are sure to make them smile.
- Create Edible Valentine Cards with graham crackers
- If you want to steer clear of the chocolates and sweets today, consider treating your toddler to Valentines-themed activities like coloring pages, finger paints to create a masterpiece for Mommy or daddy to display, or check out these seven fun Valentine’s inspired crafts toddlers are sure to love.
Today is a perfect day to take a step back and remember all the reasons why you love and appreciate the toddler in your life. Quality time spent today will be the sweetest treat of all for parents and their toddlers. For some great laughs, check out some of these stories about how our kids make us love them even more.