Here are some tips:
- Nursing-friendly clothing - easy access is key, and many nursing bras and tops allow modest access to your breasts
- Nursing carriers – some carriers today are designed so you can breastfeed easily, while offering a considerable level of privacy
- Practice at home – have some practice sessions to get comfortable with the process of feeding baby outside of the house, using whatever systems or covers you may be considering to get the level of privacy you prefer
- Prepare the host – if you’re visiting family or entering a public venue, communicate about what your plans are during your visit, ask about the best options for a place to nurse where it will be mutually agreeable and the best situation for you
- Oops moments - Want to cover up but forgot your cover? Burp cloths or blankets work great as well. Worried about leaking? Carry extra nursing pads in your diaper bag to wear on the side your baby is not nursing on.
- Relax! - Babies can sense tension, so keep calm and carry on